Today is my 25th wedding anniversary. It sometimes unimaginable how times can slip by so quickly. In honor of my husband and our marriage I found it fitting to reflect on my love for my husband and our marriage. What better way than to list 25 things.
1. Unending love and support
Through out the years his love and support has never faltered
2. Sense of humor
Our ability to laugh has brightened even the bleak times. Laughter is the best medicine and I would have to agree.
3. Our weekend walks with the dog
Now that our together time is so limited I treasure each and every precious moment. Walking together has helped improve our bond to one another with each and every step we take together.
4. Our long drives to Kirksville to watch our son play football
Long drives in the car where there are no distractions have brought about great conversations which always seem to bring us closer with each and every trip.
5. Our two wonderful children
We were two pretty young parents with no owners manual in how to raise children. To see our grown children always brings us great pride knowing we did a good job.
6. Seen me at my very best and worst and loved me anyway
The true test of love and committment is to have the person who loves you stand my you side at your darkest hours and raise you up and shine with you on your brightest.
7. Grieving together when we experienced great loss
There is no way to prepare one self for a loss and when loss came for each of us we were able to cry, hold and comfort one another.
8. Says he loves me and show me daily
There is rarely a day that passes that I am not told or left a note reminding me of the love he has for me.
9. Gives me my space to grow and learn
He has always given me space and time which helps me reflect and learn from my short comings.
10. Never judges my decisions
He has never belittled any of the decision I have chosen. He has always supported me no matter how he felt about it.
11. Encouraged and supported my friendships
He has always let me have my time with my friends and encourages and supports my “girl” weekends.
12. Took a job to support his family no matter how difficult
The job he currently has is not a job that he loves and it separates us weekly from one another but he does it to support his family. I so respect him for that and gives me grade pride knowing that we mean so much to him.
13. Encourage and supports learning for our children.
He has always emphasised to our children the importance of education and that knowledge is power to our children.
14. Sitting and watching our son play football in all kinds of weather
There is something about sitting on a hard bleacher next to the one that you loves watching your child playing a sport.
15. Being a wonderful role model to our daughter on what a husband and father is.
To see the bond they have between each other is something special to witness. There is nothing that can replace a loving relationship between a father and his daughter.
16. Always making me feel beautiful no matter how much I resist
Living in a world where beauty is closely related to weight this has been a struggle for me to see my own beauty,. By having my husband remind me of my beauty often help me to begin to believe him.
17. Willing to take the necessary steps to make our marriage better
Having seen my counselor for a several weeks to work on my eating issue I was ready to bring my husband into my session. Like anyone who has never been to a counseling session he had many reservation but was willing to go. This simple act has reinforced my love for him.
18. His willingness to try vegan meals and supporting my vegan lifestyle.
If this doesn’t show love I don’t know what does. Living in a world where men eat meat his willingness to give some of my vegan meals touches me.
19. Recently his willingness to show me his emotions
Being raised in a family where emotions where rarely shown this has always been a hard one for me. Seeing him cry has helped me to loosen my guard and to begin to show my emotions too.
20. His patience
I admit I can become overwhelmed very quickly. His patience is such a comfort to me in these moments. It all the years we have married I don’t think I have every heard him raise his voice or every gotten really angry.
21. His kindness
I am not sure he has a mean bone in his body. He tends to think of others before himself.
22. Good Looking
To me he is my tall, dark and handsome. Although is dark hair has now become salt and pepper it has only increased his good looks to me.
I am always impressed in all that he knows. There never seems to be anything that man does know. If only I had half of the knowledge.
24. A teacher to guide or children on what is right and wrong
There has been several situation in the past that he had to do difficult things to serve as an example to our children that if you have done something wrong you have to own up to it.
25. Embracing this roller coaster ride we call marriage for the past 25 years.
You are my friend, my lover, my hero, my teacher!
I love you!